The Lifecare Centre Recreation department strives to enhance the lives of our residents; cognitively, psychosocially, spiritually, physically and emotionally. Through Recreational programs the residents gain self-confidence, and have the opportunity to create and foster new friendships. Recreation offers our residents the ability to maintain their independence and individuality and gives them the ability to maintain control and make decisions for themselves. Through our Recreation services our Residents are able to pursue old leisure interests and find new ones.
Highlights of St. Joseph’s Lifecare Centre Recreation Department include:
- Individualized programs tailored to the needs and interests of our Residents
- Interfaith Chapel Services
- Inter-Generational Programs with Community Elementary and Secondary Schools and on-site Day Care Centre
- Therapeutic Drumming Circles
- Specialized Dementia programs utilizing our residents existing strengths and abilities (ie. Montessori based activities)
- Trips and outings to maintain connections to the community
- Creative programs such as baking and crafts to enhance our homelike environment
- Snoezelen Programs
- Programming and designated areas tailored to the younger population
- Horticulture Therapy programs with on-site Horticulture Therapist
- Internet services with Resident computers to access programs such as
SKYPE to enable family and friend connections outside the Home
- Active Resident Council, Family Council and Food Committees
In The News
Oct 23, 2020: PRESS RELEASE - COVID-19
Friday,23 October, 2020
Please click on the following link for news article: SJLCB Staff Member Tests Positive for COVID-19,...
St. Joseph's Lifecare Centre introduces Strategic Plan
Monday, 3 February, 2020
St. Joseph's Lifecare Centre Brantford (SJLCB) is excited to present their new strategic plan. This plan maps out the...