Donor Bill of Rights
St. Joseph's Lifecare Foundation has adopted the following Donor Bill of Rights and is a member in good standing of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary actions for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
American Association of Fund Raising Counsel (AAFRC)
Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP)
Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
In The News
Oct 23, 2020: PRESS RELEASE - COVID-19
Friday,23 October, 2020
Please click on the following link for news article: SJLCB Staff Member Tests Positive for COVID-19,...
St. Joseph's Lifecare Centre introduces Strategic Plan
Monday, 3 February, 2020
St. Joseph's Lifecare Centre Brantford (SJLCB) is excited to present their new strategic plan. This plan maps out the...