At the Lifecare Centre, we provide 24 hour/day nursing care by a supportive and dedicated team that includes Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses and Personal Support Workers.
PHILOSOPHY OF CARE
- We believe in the dignity and worth of each human being, and the rights and privileges of the individual. We respect the privacy of the resident and keep all information confidential.
- We believe in a high standard of nursing care, which attempts to meet the physical, emotional, social, cultural and spiritual needs of the resident.
- We believe that the Nursing division is responsible for supporting and enhancing the various acts of daily living and assisting the resident in using the potential he/she is capable of through a personalized and family-centred plan of care.
- We believe that each resident’s physical environment, health, treatment, care plans, routines and use of positioning aids shall support and promote optimal comfort, rest and sleep needs.
- We believe that the nurse’s role includes the provision of palliative care when the resident becomes terminally ill, assisting the resident to as comfortable and peaceful a death as possible and providing support for the family.
Our beautiful facility has friendly, warm and welcoming resident home areas that we call neighbourhoods. Each area has streets named after birds or trees to enhance the home-like atmosphere. All neighbourhoods have fun themed activity rooms designed with the assistance of our Resident Enhancement Committee. The facility has two secured home areas and encompasses snoezelen equipment and various other dementia friendly enhancements throughout the site.