How to Access Long-Term Care
How do you Arrange Care in a Long-Term Home?
All applications and admission to long-term care homes are arranged by the Community Care Access Centre (CCAC). There are 3 steps needed to arrange care.
- Call your Community Care Access Centre
Your local CCAC will help every step of the way. The CCAC staff will:
- determine eligibility
- review long-term care homes in the area
- review costs
- help with the application
To contact your local CCAC, call 1-800-810-000 (Toll Free) or (519) 759 7752 (Brant)
- Choose a Long-Term Home
To find a long-term care home that offers the care you are looking for, an individual should:
- visit more than one long-term care home
- ask questions upon visiting
- read the Ministry Report about each interested long-term care home http://publicreporting.ltchomes.net
- Apply for Care
- Once CCAC has determined that an individual is eligible, they may apply to a maximum of 5 long-term care homes. The local CCAC will coordinate the individual’s application.